Tabernacle Baptist Church was founded by Rev. Alex Alexander in October of 1907.
It's membership numbered 35 at that time.
On November 30, 1908, the first lot was purchased and the first Tabernacle Baptist Church was erected. From 1908 to 1917, the church grew and became overcrowded.
On February 19, 1917, and additional lot was purchased and the old building was dismantled. The new building was built in 1918 at a cost of $40,000.
Tabernacle continued to grow under Rev. Alex Alexander until he resigned in 1940 after his 33 years of service.
Our second Pastor, Rev. Arthur L. Younger came on board and stayed for 13 years from 1941 to 1954.
Our third Pastor was Rev. Charles V. Willis who gave us 36 years of dedicated service from 1955 to 1991.
Our fourth Pastor was Rev. Joseph B. Crosby who also served 13 years from 1992 to 2005.
The fifth Pastor was Rev. Malcome Finkley from 2006 to 2007.
Our sixth Pastor was Rev. Dr. Randall Harris who served from 2008 to 2016.
We have been led by our Interim Pastor, Rev. Dr. Gradis M. Eggleston, Jr. since May 2017